Temporary lease of vacant property
Wat is het?
You are allowed to temporarily rent out your vacant house, a rental property which is available to be sold or other vacant property. For instance, when your house has been on sale for a while or if it is due to be demolished. You must apply for a permit at the municipality.
- A permit can be applied for in case of the following:
- A property that is up for sale which has not been occupied before
- A property that is up for sale which has been occupied during the 12 months before it became vacant.
- A rental property that is up for sale which has not been rented out for more than 3 years during the past 10 years.
- A rental property which is due to be demolished or reconstructed.
- A rental property that is up for sale
- A vacant building with other than residential purposes (for example an office, school or group housing facility)
What is the period of validity of the permit?
- For a property which is available to be sold: 5 years.
- For a rental property which is to be demolished or reconstructed: 2 years (extension for a maximum of 7 years).
- For an office space, school or group housing facility: 2 years (extension for a maximum of 10 years).
- A dwelling for which exemption from the zoning plan has been granted: for the duration of the exemption (with a maximum of 10 years)
A permit for temporary renting out vacant property is € 90,00. A grant of extension is € 46,10.
Request your permit for temporary renting out vacant property online
Please note that you will need your eIDAS log-in data!
Rules regarding rent control
Have you received a permit for temporary tenancy? Rent control conditions do not apply to vacant property that is temporary rented out. Instead, regulations apply regarding rent protection based on the Dutch Vacancy Act:
- Tenant will have no rent protection when the rental period expires.
- The rental agreement may be concluded for a period of at least 6 months.
- The tenant may terminate the agreement with at least one month’s notice
- In case of termination the landlord must notify the tenant at least three months before the final date.
- The rental agreement is terminated when the permit expires.
Have you received a permit for temporary tenancy of your property that is up for sale? Then you are free to establish the rental price in agreement with the future tenant. In all other cases the rental price may not exceed the price as stated in the permit.
De e-mail adressen worden niet openbaar gemaakt en worden alleen gebruikt voor het versturen van productinformatie naar de ontvanger.
Velden met een * zijn verplichte velden.
Telefoon 14 0187 (alternatief: +31 187 475555)
De gemeente is telefonisch
maandag t/m vrijdag
van 08.00 tot 17.00 uur
Koningin Julianaweg 45
3241 XB Middelharnis
3240 AA Middelharnis
Bestuurscentrum Het Rondeel
3241 LB Middelharnis